Hello,
I am very interested in birt and started using the designer & generated some reports based on real data.
Now I have to integrate it in the user interface of my application. It is actually very different from the basic samples provided with the application:
In order to fully integrate elements, I would need to integrate chart only as images in my app. I have seen this is possible (some example provided), but it seems then that the data has to be bind at runtime.
My need would be really simple: Extract 1 chart from a report (and it is ok to say there is only one chart per report) and display it as an image.
The only example somewhat applying to my case is the following:
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2008/03/birt-building-chart-with-chart-engine.html
I am not very confident with this code since it is far more complex than most of the example of report generation I have found.
Please let me know if:
- It is a good idea to use birt as a chart generation solution (both designer and runtime)?
- Is there any standard way to implement this?
- Is there a workaround solution that applies to my need (something like reformat a full report containing only 1 chart).