Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Execute query or dataset in afterOpen of datasource
tkopets
Hi,
I need to set DB session variable in BIRT,
this query should be executed before any other dataset in report.
Is it possible to execute arbitrary query to DB in afterOpen script of datasource or anyhow make a dataset to be run before any other datasets?
Putting hidden table in report is not an option as I need the session variable to be already set before report parameters query runs.
Regards,
Taras
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Taras,
If I'm understanding correctly, I don't know that you'll be able to do this from within BIRT then. I don't know if adding a "hidden", "not required" dynamic parameter as your first parameter would help with this or not. Most likely, you'll have to run this query external to BIRT to have the value you're wanting for use in other parameter dataSets.
tkopets
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71633" data-time="1293029235" data-date="22 December 2010 - 07:47 AM"><p>
I don't know if adding a "hidden", "not required" dynamic parameter as your first parameter would help with this or not.</p></blockquote>
That was the first thing I tried and this doesn't help (queries linked to params are executed in unknown order).<br />
<br />
That's actually is the problem because I cannot alter DB session parameters from another DB session, thus making external solutions useless.<br />
<br />
Do you have any other ideas regarding this issue?<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Taras
mwilliams
Taras,
You can't run the query you need to have ran first, external to BIRT, then pass that through the BIRT context or through a parameter to be able to be used inside BIRT?
tkopets
Session variable could be passed from outside without problems, but it's value can be set only in connection that created it.
tkopets
Maybe there is any other way to do this (writing plugin, extension)?
Any possible solutions are welcome.