Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to "Order By" name ignoring case sensitivity?
BIRTed T
I'm trying to do an 'order by' clause for names and have upper and lower case entries in table. When it returns data, it breaks them up into two groups. How would I set to ignore case?
Thanks for any help on this... (I knew I should've taken today off!)
AND Merry Christmas!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi BIRTed T,
You might check and see if your database has a SQL function to make the field all uppercase or all lowercase for the order by part. Or, you could bring it into BIRT unordered and do the same with a sort in BIRT.
BIRTed T
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71702" data-time="1293167616" data-date="23 December 2010 - 10:13 PM"><p>
Hi BIRTed T,<br />
<br />
You might check and see if your database has a SQL function to make the field all uppercase or all lowercase for the order by part. Or, you could bring it into BIRT unordered and do the same with a sort in BIRT.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I brought it to BIRT and set it to return uppercase within the field value (was something like setuppercase() after the value)... didn't work
janderegg
<span style='font-family: Arial'>Hi BIRTed T,<br />
If you wish to do the sort within BIRT you can do it in the latest version by selecting the table=> properties and the open the "Sorting" tab.<br />
You can then create a sorting on the column and select the Strength to primary. This will sort your table without taking the case.<br />
Hope it helps.</span>