Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Renumbering page and total page
mirws
Hi..
How do I can renumbering the page and total page? for example, I have 3 pages, but I want, my 1st page not numbered as 1. I want the number 1, start in the next page and total page become (of) 2.
I use the old version of BIRT (ver. 2.1.2)
Is there a way to manipulate autoText for my objective using script ???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mirws,
I don't know that there's much you're going to be able to do in script for this. If you had a newer version that had report variables (2.5+), you'd probably be able to use those to create your own custom page numbering, but I don't think that you'll be able to do anything like that back in 2.1.2. If this is for PDF output, you could create 2 separate reports, one that is the first page and one that is the rest of the report and use iText to join the two after they're produced. This way you'd be able to have the page numbering how you'd like.
mirws
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71713" data-time="1293204136" data-date="24 December 2010 - 08:22 AM"><p>
Hi mirws,<br />
<br />
I don't know that there's much you're going to be able to do in script for this. If you had a newer version that had report variables (2.5+), you'd probably be able to use those to create your own custom page numbering, but I don't think that you'll be able to do anything like that back in 2.1.2. If this is for PDF output, you could create 2 separate reports, one that is the first page and one that is the rest of the report and use iText to join the two after they're produced. This way you'd be able to have the page numbering how you'd like.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks mwilliams<br />
I have to do this in 2.1.2 because of my maximo report server using Birt 2.1.2 as its default reporting, and I dont want to upgrade it just because of one report only. <br />
Yes, I need this in PDF output, if you thing iText can solve this, I'm really glad to see your example for using iText in BIRT.
mwilliams
mirws,
I don't have an example made for that. I'd have to look around and see if I can find one. I'll post in here if I do.