Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report building suggestion
ozyman
Hello all,
I'm looking to get some suggestions on building a report. I'm new to BIRT and so am little over-whelmed with the tonnes of information available.
I'm looking to generate a dynamic report from a POJO. All the data that needs to be published comes from a java class(let's say report). This data is dynamically produced and it has no template. I'll have to create multiple tables(with each having their own structure) and fill them with data. All this information(no.of columns, their names, values for each row etc) can be obtained from the report.
What would be the best way for me to proceed? I read about the scripting and also little about the RE and DE APIs. But I'm not clear on the issue of which one to use when and where. So, could anyone give me the best solution for my case, so that I can build my knowledge on it and generate the reports?
Thanks in advance,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
janderegg
Hi ozyman,<br />
You may find some useful info on this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1268-birt-pojo-data-source-example/'>example</a>.<br
/>
<br />
Hope it helps.<br />
Janderegg