Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
loadScript fails on Tomcat
kallem
I encountered annoying problem that I cannot resolve. We are integrating Birt to our service and now when we tried it on Linux server with Tomcat issues with script (.js) file loading are causing problems.
Some of the reports have .js files added as resource. When server is just started and Tomcat is up then script files load ok and reports work. After tomcat is shutdown and started again then Birt outputs SEVERE errors regarding script file loading when report is opened and run. E.g.
Dec 31, 2010 12:39:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext loadScript
SEVERE: loading external script file [filename].js failed.
I made a dummy report that outputs resource files using reportContext.getDesignHandle().findResource(..). Initially it dumps resource path as expected but after tomcat stop-start it returns only null values.
reportContext.getDesignHandle().resourceFolder returns always the correct path. Although I'm not sure if this has anything to do with above..
After server is rebooted everything works again.
Anyone any ideas what might be causing this??
Thanks in advance,
Kalle
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kallem
Well, my own error, now fixed. I had a hunch that it was nothing big and it wasn't.. I found a bug on my Birt Platform startup code when setting resource path :mellow: Why it worked on first run I'm not sure.