Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filter on bar chart grouping
StegmannJS
Greetings,
first of all my problem: There is an Excelsheet with about 700 entries. There are also 5 or 6 interesting columns, one of them with a string and another with floats. The strings repeat several times and the floats are grouped for each string. Now I want to filter them only to show grouped entries with 5 or more percentage from overall sum. I want to show the data in a bar chart. My only problem now is to filter the data because i didn't find a checkbox or an entry like "minimum slice" for pie charts. Is there any possibility to add groups to bar charts like groups in tables or a minimum slice feature?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi StegmannJS,
I believe the "minimum slice" is just a feature of the pie chart only. For any other chart, you'd probably have to recreate this feature by using a computed column in your dataSet or in your table and use the table as the source for the chart.
StegmannJS
Hi Michael,
thank you for your answer. I think this would be a good way to get the data but i don't know how to sum floats only for each string.
Edit: If anybody knows a good answer i think it would be nice if it is posted in this topic, but for me it is not relevant anymore. We will outsource the business logic because we think BIRT cannot deliver the calculated values we need.
mwilliams
I know you've moved on from BIRT, but let me know if you'd like me to try this in an example.