Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Integrating BIRT RCP Report Designer
pJune
Hello, I would like to run the BIRT RCP Report Designer from my java application. I am successful on calling the BIRT.exe, but every time I try to create a data set the window freezes. Can anybody help me in this matter?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi DMarch,
So, you're calling the designer from your java application and getting stuck creating a report? Not just viewing reports you've created?
pJune
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71896" data-time="1294181588" data-date="04 January 2011 - 03:53 PM"><p>
Hi DMarch,<br />
<br />
So, you're calling the designer from your java application and getting stuck creating a report? Not just viewing reports you've created?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I can open reports, but when I try to create a new data set, I click finish and nothing happens. I have to force the application to close. This is how I am running the BIRT.exe from my application:<br />
<br />
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("C:/birt-rcp-report-designer-2_6_1/BIRT.exe");<br />
<br />
BIRT RCP Report Designer works fine when I double click on the executable. Thank you for answering quickly.
Viclamb
Hello,
I am interested in running BIRT RCP Designer from my Java application. I would like to open a rptdesign file directly in BIRT RCP Designer from my Java application, and not only launching the exe.
Thanks.
maymay
Hi,
Have you solved your problem on opening directly in BIRT RCP designer from the Java application and not launching only the exe?
mwilliams
Have you tried the openFile property on the launcher? Something like:
launcher.openFile "C:/work/workspaces/2.6.1workspaces/BIRT - Reports/BIRT Reports/test/TopNPercent.rptdesign"
maymay
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the response.
Yes. I have tried to use the openFile property on launcher. No luck. It still does not open the report.
maymay
Hi,
Are there other ways to do so?
mwilliams
Maybe one of these links will help:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/product_open_file.htm
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/OpenFileFeature