Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to send the PDF response from a servlet to the client ?
sgeovar
I use servlet to create a PDF report. I'm able to access it in the browser. Is it possible to access the pdf from any other client tool ? For ex : the client will send the http request to the servlet. If it is a browser it is ok. How to send the PDF response to some other clients ?? Code ends with task.run(); How to return the response from the servlet to the client so that PDF report can be shown on the client ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Assuming your have an OutputStream (HttpOutputStream, or HttpServletResponse.getOutputStream), you would do something like:
RenderOption renderOption = new RenderOption();
renderOption.setOutputStream(httpServletResponse.getOutputStream());
renderOption.setOutputFormat("pdf");
task.setRenderOption(renderOption);
task.run();
task.close();
You may need to flush the outputstream as well. I haven't needed to work with servlets in this way in a while, so my memory is a little fuzzy.
John
sgeovar
Thanks John.