Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Tables of content
ntoniazzi
Is there any documentation somewhere concerning Tables of Contents? I saw that the following styles are available (toc-level-0 to toc-level-9), so I assume we can somehow get nested levels. But I cannot see how.
There is also a "Table of contents" tab in an objects preferences and I would like to use it for title labels. How can I get the label text in JS?
Thanks for any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can automatically create TOC links for PDF by just using grouping. To get the value of a label, you should be able to do this.text in script.
Hope this helps.
ntoniazzi
Thanks for your help. I still don't understand everything. Let me clarify :<br />
<br />
The structure of my report looks like this :<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li><span style='color: #8B0000'>label</span></li><li>table<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li><span style='color: #0000FF'>group</span></li></ul></li><li><span style='color: #8B0000'>label</span></li><li>table</li></ul>
<br />
Labels are used here for titling only. Thus, I would like to have them linked in the TOC, as chapters for the following automatic links generated by the <span style='color: #0000FF'>group</span>. I tried to set some data in the "Table of contents" property panel, but there is no way to set the level their. I'm not sure about grouping labels...<br />
The problem is to manually create a hierarchy where their is none.<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>Maybe I can create it by hand using JS to increment/decrement the TOC level? Which property do I need to set on the labels?</li><li>Maybe I have to manipulate the TOC object directly?</li><li>Maybe it's just not possible?</li></ul>
<br />
To avoid copy-past the label text, I wanted to use some JS (like this.text) on the labels. Unfortunately, in the TOC section of properties panel, "this" is the top-level JS object and thus, I have no handle to the current object
aelmrabti
I have exactly the same problem,
Is there any solution ?
Thanks for any help