Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
transient report time out
Karch
I've installed iServer Express 11 on my PC but cannot find the xml file where I would modify the Transient Report Time Out, does anyone know where this is?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Karch,
The property name is "TransientReportTimeOut" and is stored in acmetadescription.xml You can find this file in [Install Dir]/iServe/etc folder. Make sure to restart your server for changes to take effect.
Ashwini
Karch
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="72199" data-time="1294857100" data-date="12 January 2011 - 11:31 AM"><p>
Hi Karch,<br />
The property name is "TransientReportTimeOut" and is stored in acmetadescription.xml You can find this file in [Install Dir]/iServe/etc folder. Make sure to restart your server for changes to take effect.<br />
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for the quick response Ashwini - I found the file and below is the default setting. The default is set to "Minutes" and is regarding "Disk Cache ...", have I found the wrong setting? I tried changing it to "Seconds" and "60" and then bouncing the application but it still times out. The report runs in 45 seconds so 60 should cover it.<br />
<br />
<Variable Name="TransientReportTimeOut"<br />
Type="UnsignedInteger"<br />
Access="Public"<br />
Required="False"<br />
DisplayName="Disk cache timeout for transient reports"<br />
UnitOrFormat="Minutes"<br />
TakesEffect="ServerRestart"<br />
DefaultValue="30"<br />
Range="1 1440"/><br />
<br />
Thanks,
averma
Hi Karch,
Can you please describe what are you doing to get this error?
Ashwini
Karch
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="72222" data-time="1294873386" data-date="12 January 2011 - 04:03 PM"><p>
Hi Karch,<br />
Can you please describe what are you doing to get this error?<br />
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I have 5 reports running on a Dashboard tab. 4 of the reports run to completion but the other one times out and gives the error message that I sent earlier.<br />
<br />
I tried modifying the setting you mentioned earlier but this appears to be a "Disk Cache" setting and not the setting that I'm looking for. I'm looking for a setting that will let the Transient reports run longer than they are (it seems to time out after about 30 seconds).<br />
<br />
I'm running the Trial version of iServer Express on Windows XP on my PC.<br />
<br />
Thanks,
averma
There is TRANSIENT_STORE_TIMEOUT_MIN in [Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer\iportal\WEB-INF\web.xml that you might try tweaking. The default value is 40 minutes but there was a earlier bug that was causing this to be read as seconds. Let me know if that resolves the issue.
Ashwini
Karch
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="72224" data-time="1294874158" data-date="12 January 2011 - 04:15 PM"><p>
There is TRANSIENT_STORE_TIMEOUT_MIN in [Install Dir]\iServer\servletcontainer\iportal\WEB-INF\web.xml that you might try tweaking. The default value is 40 minutes but there was a earlier bug that was causing this to be read as seconds. Let me know if that resolves the issue.<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
That did not work. I tried modifying both files mentioned in this post up to 120 seconds and it's still timing out at 40 seconds. I've stopped and restarted the Actuate 11 service twice. I'm running iServer Express on my Windows XP machine, maybe there is another bug that we are unaware of?
averma
Hi Karch,
There is a different setting to change the maximum job execution time. The attribute is MaxSyncJobRuntime and it is defined in acmetadescription.xml file. Can you bump it up and see if that works?
Ashwini
Karch
I changed all of the settings suggested but still have the problem. These are the settings, please let me knwo if they are wrong:
acmetadescription.xml
Name="TransientReportTimeOut"
Type="UnsignedInteger"
Access="Public"
Required="False"
DisplayName="Disk cache timeout for transient reports"
UnitOrFormat="Minutes"
TakesEffect="ServerRestart"
DefaultValue="1440"
Range="1 1440"/>
Name="MaxSyncJobRuntime"
Type="UnsignedInteger"
Access="Public"
Required="False"
DisplayName="Maximum execution time for on demand execution requests"
UnitOrFormat="Seconds"
TakesEffect="Immediate"
DefaultValue="86400"
Range="0 86400"/>
web.xml
<context-param>
<param-name>TRANSIENT_STORE_TIMEOUT_MIN</param-name>
<param-value>6120</param-value>
</context-param>
averma
I am assuming you bounced iServer after changing the value. At this point I am not sure what causing this issue. Can you report a bug here:
http://ted.birt-exchange.org/
Ashwini