Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
drill through report question - prompting for additional parameters at drill through
chavez_ant
Hello,
I'd like to do the following: First, run a report. The report will have a link or button to a drill through report. One item from the original report will be passed into the drill through (a parameter). When user clicks the link/button, I'd like the user to be prompted for a second parameter contained in the drill through report, and the 2 values get passed in with desired output.
I have tested setting this up by passing in the first parameter in the link, and not the second in the hopes that user will be prompted for it. Instead, got the error I was expecting, which said that the required 2nd parameter was missing.
Does anyone have any tips or examples on how to implement this? I know something like this may be possible using a dynamic text element and javascript, but I am a newbie in this department and would appreciate any info I can get. I am using BIRT 2.6.1.
Many thanks in advance,
A.C.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could customize your drill through probably by clicking on a link, you pass yourself to a jsp page that you create your parameter selections in and then from there the user submits their parameter selection and the new report is run.