Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter window with non-required parameter
francisco
Hi all,
I need to create a report with several parameters but none of them are mandatory. The report should filter the results using only the parameters filled by the user. I have two problems:
1. The parameter window is not shown when the 'Is required' checkbox is not selected for any parameter.
2. How can I design the data set in order to runs with all values when no value is given for one parameter?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi francisco,<br />
<br />
1. Even I have come across this feature. Though I'm not so sure what exactly is your requirement, but while preview, there is a .rptconfig file generated for the designer which keeps track of the last entered parameter values, I suggest you to delete this file and try once. This file is generally in the same directory as that of designer.<br />
<br />
2. Are you meaning to dynamically change query? Well if thats what you are looking for then it can be done using scripts. In the beforeOpen method of the dataSet, you can do something like this.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if(params["yourParameter"] == null || params["yourParameter"] == "")
this.queryText... //modify the query text
</pre>
<br />
regards<br />
Arpan
claudirc
<p>Hi Francisco,</p><p> </p><p>Have you figured out a way to show the parameter window when the 'Is required' checkbox is not selected for any parameter.</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Thanks.[/color]</p>
p.K
<p>I have the same problem with window when any parameter is not required. I hope that somebody helps.</p><p>Thanks!</p>
minthril
<p>Could you upload report design file? And what version of BIRT you have?</p><p> </p><p>Maybe I understand wrong but.. It works for me to add parameters that are not required and to receive parameter page.</p><p> </p><p>Maybe try to add __parameterpage=true to link</p>
claudirc
<p>Thanks minthril, this is exactly what I needed.</p>