Hi,<br />
<br />
I am trying to generate reports that are exported as Excel files, but I cannot get a result I can give to the end user. I can generate the reports in the viewer, both in Eclipse and on Tomcat. But when I export as an .xls file, the resulting file cannot be opened in Excel (well, as I am on Linux, I am using Microsoft Excel Viewer in Virtualbox).<br />
<br />
You can open the resulting file in OpenOffice if you change the file extension to .xml, but again, this is not desireable.<br />
<br />
I have tried the Xls emitter for BIRT (Tribix) [Version 2.5.1] with Eclipse and that did not work. I used instructions in this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/11900-use-birt-api-to-export-data-to-csv-excel/page__s__7db9d27e644c76b7c9bc1301a4bce267'>post.</a><br />
<br />
But it did not work (even starting eclipse with -clean). In fact the option to export an Excel file disappeared from the interface.<br />
<br />
I was wondering if there are any other things I can try to produce a .xls file that the user can just double click open.<br />
<br />
Versions:<br />
Eclipse Helios<br />
BIRT: 2.6.1<br />
Ubuntu 10.04<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Stephen