Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT vs OBIEE
trinhxh
I would like some clarification on the difference between these two reporting tool. My employer is currently implementing a software as part of the modernization approach solution.
We have over 300 define reports, some are canned, adhoc, etc in various complexities. Our vendor's recommended solution is to build some reports in BIRT and others using OBIEE. I'm currently trying to gather some info and get a better understanding of the solution.
Any additional info or insights would be greatly appreciated.
H~
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
It is closer to compare OBIEE to Actuate's full BI suite which uses BIRT called ActuateOne, rather than just comparing to the BIRT Designer. You can read more about ActuateOne at
http://www.actuate.com/resources/resource-center/?articleid=20549
. There are some demos on the bottom of the page showing adhoc reporting, AJAX based report modifications, dashboards, etc. If you want more info for comparison, let me know and I can have someone contact you.