Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bilingual Birt
JUB
Hi All,
I want to design a Birt report which will work for different standard language. In that case I will send a parameter to my report which will decide the output language of the report fetched from the BIRT Report Server.
For Example,when I call the report from our application I will send a parameter to my report say "language" value to "ENG" and report will be generated in English.
If I send a parameter to my report say "language" value to "FR" and report will be generated in France.
If I send a parameter to my report say "language" value to "bilingual" and report will be generated in both "English" and "France".
How can I do for this case?
Best Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JRiglar
Have you considered using Resource Files?
You can localize text in:
? Labels
? Text element
? Chart elements
? Parameters
? Localization also applies to date/time, currency and numeric format.
? Preview different locales in Designer
Each resource file will contain the resource keys, and the values for a particular language.
The report outputs will use the localized strings depending upon the locale of the user.
You set up the resource file on the properties of the report design and use the localisation property of each element you wish to localise.
regards
John