Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problems populate parameter list with dataSet data
Jari L
Hello!
I have been developing custom report for Maximo and my progress stopped because of problem with parameter.
I have defined the report to use scripted Maximo data source and my dataSet's are also scripted because of this.
DataSet that I'm using to populate the list for parameter is returning data fine in "Preview Result" window. Also when I try to fetch value for the parameter in "Select Default Value" in parameter edit window the data is fetched ok.
My problem is when viewing the report in Preview the parameter list box somehow remains empty and I don't know the reason. Is this somehow related to the the script where/when I'm fething the data. I'm doing it in the beforeOpen script.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks and regards
Jari
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jari L
One more thing to add for this is that if I make my own data source and dataset's and do not use the Maximo datasource that is set up for maximo reports the values are showing in the parameter list. So somehow my scripted maximoDataSource and it's scripted dataSet's are not working correctly when wanting to list parameter list values from dataSet.<br />
<br />
Why this is I do not know, so If there is someome that have been struggling with the same problem please let me know if there is any solution?<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Jari<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Jari L'" data-cid="72323" data-time="1295265955" data-date="17 January 2011 - 05:05 AM"><p>
Hello!<br />
<br />
I have been developing custom report for Maximo and my progress stopped because of problem with parameter.<br />
<br />
I have defined the report to use scripted Maximo data source and my dataSet's are also scripted because of this.<br />
<br />
DataSet that I'm using to populate the list for parameter is returning data fine in "Preview Result" window. Also when I try to fetch value for the parameter in "Select Default Value" in parameter edit window the data is fetched ok.<br />
<br />
My problem is when viewing the report in Preview the parameter list box somehow remains empty and I don't know the reason. Is this somehow related to the the script where/when I'm fething the data. I'm doing it in the beforeOpen script.<br />
<br />
Any help would be appreciated!<br />
<br />
Thanks and regards<br />
Jari<br /></p></blockquote>
Channaness
Hello,<br />
<br />
Even am looking for the same solution..please help me out ASAP...<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Channakeshava G<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Jari L'" data-cid="72323" data-time="1295265955" data-date="17 January 2011 - 05:05 AM"><p>
Hello!<br />
<br />
I have been developing custom report for Maximo and my progress stopped because of problem with parameter.<br />
<br />
I have defined the report to use scripted Maximo data source and my dataSet's are also scripted because of this.<br />
<br />
DataSet that I'm using to populate the list for parameter is returning data fine in "Preview Result" window. Also when I try to fetch value for the parameter in "Select Default Value" in parameter edit window the data is fetched ok.<br />
<br />
My problem is when viewing the report in Preview the parameter list box somehow remains empty and I don't know the reason. Is this somehow related to the the script where/when I'm fething the data. I'm doing it in the beforeOpen script.<br />
<br />
Any help would be appreciated!<br />
<br />
Thanks and regards<br />
Jari<br /></p></blockquote>
micajblock
Are you using 2 data sets? One for the parameter and one for the actual result set?
mlaforest6
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="83781" data-time="1317860182" data-date="05 October 2011 - 05:16 PM"><p>
Are you using 2 data sets? One for the parameter and one for the actual result set?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm having the same issue.
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mlaforest6'" data-cid="84259" data-time="1318954317" data-date="18 October 2011 - 09:11 AM"><p>
Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm having the same issue.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can you answer the question? Are you using two data sets? One for the parameter and one for the data?
mlaforest6
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mblock'" data-cid="84260" data-time="1318954833" data-date="18 October 2011 - 09:20 AM"><p>
Can you answer the question? Are you using two data sets? One for the parameter and one for the data?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes, I'm using 2 data sets. I get the exact same results as Jari L.
micajblock
OK, so I took a look at the design. There might be an issue with the CLASSPATH for the parameter task. I will investigate further.
In the meantime I have a question in return. If you are running this report from Maximo won't Maximo use it's own drop down lists? What is the point of having BIRT do this if the parameter is never displayed in Maximo?
micajblock
After further investigation, this will not work in BIRT 2.3 as the classes are not available to the parameter task. Instead of using the custom Maximo classes why not use a JDBC connection for the list box?
I still do not really understand how the list will exposed to Maximo, can someone explain this to me?
paulk
This occurs when you reference a variable/object in the open/fetch event of your scripted dataset that is defined in the report initialize script. The report initialize event does not occur before the parameter page so the dataset has an invalid reference and returns nothing. You have to define all variables locally in the dataset from which your parameter is pulling from.