Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
page break cross tab
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I have a problem with my horizontal page break on my report. I would like to make a pagebreak after every 10 rows. (field MA_NAME)
If I work with only one group, I could do this very perfect in Property Editor - Column area, with page break on interval 10
But you can see, I need 2 groups. So how could I do this, that the page break is also on MA_NAME after every intervall on 10.
So what I need: After ervey 10 x MA_NAME should be a page break
best regards
rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I solved my problem with a trick. Instead of 2 groups I made 1 group. For this I inserted a computed column in my dataset ((row["kst_name"]) + (row["MA_NAME"]))
So with this I have the right sorting and I could make a page break with the property editor - Column Area on Interval "10"
This is not realy clean, but it works.
Idea: What do you think about the idea, to make a option page break (cross tab) depends on the size of the master page. If a A4 page is fully filled with data, then make a pagebreak. I think this must not to difficult to program.
best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
There's also an expression builder for groups, so you possibly could have built the "group expression" there instead of creating a computed column.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
how could I made this? First I go tho Data Cube, then Groups (Dimensions). Then I only could drag n drop fields from my dataset.
Please give me a short explanation. Thanks
best regards
Rafael
mwilliams
I'm sorry, I was thinking of a regular table group. With a crosstab, doing the group the way you did will work fine. Though, if you have a second "row dimension" group, I would think you could set you page break interval on the second group and not need to join your groups into one.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
thats right. I could also set a page break interval on the second row dimension group. But this dont work for my demand.
for example:
I have place for 10 column rows in vertical positions. after every 10 rows I need a page break.
(first group with 'A' and 'B'):
A,A,A,B,B,B,B,B,B,B,
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 page break /
But If I have two groups, and I set the page break on the second group, then BIRT start to count the rows after ervery new group relating on the first group:
for example:
first group (with 'A' and 'B'):
A, A, A, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B, B,
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ,10 page break
(so in this matter, the page break will be after the 13 row)
mwilliams
Ah. That seems like it would be a bug. Please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. What is your BIRT version? I'll take a look at this in the newest version before you log a bug if you're not already using it. Let me know.
For now, you'll probably just have to stick with the workaround way you did it.
birtprofi
I have tried it with version 2.5.2 and the latest version of 2.6.
best regards.
mwilliams
Ok, when you log the bug, please post the bug info in here for future reference.