Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parallelizing multiple datasets
abhiii
I am creating a report that accesses multiple scripted datasets. BIRT seems to populate the datasets sequentially. Since these datasets are independent, I would like to parallelize the execution of these datasets. Does the current release support this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I believe the dataSets will still be ran sequentially in the order in which they appear in the report, even in the newest version. I could be wrong on this though. I just haven't heard of or noticed a change in this. You can always put in an enhancement request for an option for parallel execution.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
thuston
BIRT reports always execute sequentially by use in the layout. If it is not used, it does not run.
Also, with regular SQL datasets the query is often optimized to pass Filters and Grouping to the DB when possible. Those can't be known until the Table (Grid/Chart/etc) executes.
abhiii
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72375" data-time="1295405719" data-date="18 January 2011 - 07:55 PM"><p>
<Snip> You can always put in an enhancement request for an option for parallel execution.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
Thanks, I will do that. Just wanted to make sure a recent solution did not exist.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="72404" data-time="1295446646" data-date="19 January 2011 - 07:17 AM"><p>
BIRT reports always execute sequentially by use in the layout. If it is not used, it does not run. <br />
Also, with regular SQL datasets the query is often optimized to pass Filters and Grouping to the DB when possible. Those can't be known until the Table (Grid/Chart/etc) executes.<br /></p></blockquote>
In our case we have a bunch of scripted datasets. Due to the way the report has been defined, there can be up to 15 datasets per report, all of which are independent. Thus the option to execute in parallel would have made a huge impact on latency.<br />
<br />
If any of you can point me to where in the source this execution takes place, it will be a huge timesaver if I choose to roll my own.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Abhi