Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom Ajax Call while using BIRT Viewer
pawasarmol
Hello All,<br />
I had a question regarding custom AJAX call , while using BIRT viewer. <br />
Here is what I want to do. <br />
Say I have my page test.jsp<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><td>Some elements/values which i want to show to the user</td></tr> <br />
<tr><td><a href="javascript:ajaxCall('attributes for ajax call');"><strong class='bbc'>REPORT</strong></a></td></tr><br />
<tr><td id="<strong class='bbc'>reportID</strong>"><jsp:include page="reportPage.jsp" flush="true"/></td></tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
And my reportPage.jsp is<br />
<br />
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld" prefix="birt"%><br />
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %><br />
<logic:equal name="reportsForm" property="formAction" value="report"><br />
<birt:viewer id="report" reportDesign="/reports/report.rptdesign"<br />
pattern="frameset" height="900" width="900" format="html" title="Report Title"><br />
</birt:viewer><br />
</logic:equal><br />
<br />
Now, what I want is when the user clicks on <strong class='bbc'>?REPORT?</strong> link , have an ajax call invoked , so that the top portion of my page remains there and my report only get rendered (reportPage.jsp). <br />
Right now, when I invoke the ajax call I get error in my ajax function when the response is assigned to the target element i.e. <br />
<br />
targetElement.innerHTML = req.responseText;<br />
, where targetElement is <strong class='bbc'>?reportID?</strong><br />
<br />
The java script gives unknown runtime exception error, <br />
<br />
I am attaching the screen shot of the req.responseText. <br />
<br />
Any input would be of great help , as we see having this kind of scenario in many places. <br />
<br />
Just for additional information, the report works fine otherwise, when i open it in a new page.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pawasarmol
Can somebody kindly answer the question. It would be of great help. Thanks