Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using Report Parameters in Join Data sets
Dhanya
Hi,
I need a help. I have a data set out of Live Work items count and a second data set from State table. I have joined them to get the status also into the report. i.e for each of the WI_Id, display essential details along with the status(state_name)
(Created a new field concatenating project area item id and State from the live work item count and used it as the field to join from the state table)
I would like to give the user the option to select the required State_name.
I thought of using report parameter. I created a report parameter on the state_name. And it gets displayed properly when the report is run.
But I am finding problem in binding that report parameter to the join data set.
The report parameter is a List of State_name and displays the different values in State_name.
Can you help me here.
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I don't think Joint DataSet would take parameters. Either use the parameter in the original datasets, or use it as a Filter in the component (Table/Chart/etc) bound to the joint DS.
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="72406" data-time="1295446939" data-date="19 January 2011 - 07:22 AM"><p>
I don't think Joint DataSet would take parameters. Either use the parameter in the original datasets, or use it as a Filter in the component (Table/Chart/etc) bound to the joint DS.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you.<br />
I was able to give the report parameter thru the filter in the original dataset as you had suggested.