Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Maximum Number of Characters Returned in a Data Set
kpelzer29
What is the maximum number of characters that can be returned in a column of a data set? I have written a query and the value returned appears to get cut off. Thank you!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The amount of characters in a single cell or in an entire column? How many characters are we talking? I hadn't heard of any limit on characters before. Are you just previewing or are you running the web viewer or PDF? If just preview, only a certain amount of data shows up for that.
Let me know.
kpelzer29
I mean the amount of characters in a single cell. I am previewing the data set because I am trying to create some computed columns. Would previewing the data set restrict the amount of characters displayed in a single cell? <br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72442" data-time="1295468329" data-date="19 January 2011 - 01:18 PM"><p>
The amount of characters in a single cell or in an entire column? How many characters are we talking? I hadn't heard of any limit on characters before. Are you just previewing or are you running the web viewer or PDF? If just preview, only a certain amount of data shows up for that.<br />
<br />
Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
thuston
There should not be a limit for a single cell (dataSet column).
Test a new report with Auto Layout and in Web View to ensure the cell's visual expansion is not blocked by the format or size settings.