Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
getting error while opening report
Dhanya
Hi,
I have created a report which displays details from Live work Item count table and Status table using a join. And in the filter I have linked to a report parameter on the state_name field in the join data set.
But I am getting an error while I am running the report from the RTC.
'The type of parameter "Status" is is expected as "Object[]",not "java.lang.String"'
The report parameter is of the name Status and it displays a list of string values.
I tried converting the values to object and string using the expression builder but of no effect.
Needed to know how to eliminate this error
Thanks
Dhanya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What code are you using when you try to change your string into an object?
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72463" data-time="1295541490" data-date="20 January 2011 - 09:38 AM"><p>
What code are you using when you try to change your string into an object?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am using NativeJavaScript functions of String() and Object().<br />
Thank you
mwilliams
Can you post the snippet of code that is causing the error and the error stack trace? Thanks!
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72508" data-time="1295641970" data-date="21 January 2011 - 01:32 PM"><p>
Can you post the snippet of code that is causing the error and the error stack trace? Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
I got lost in BIRT with other problems. So can we keep this in hold?<br />
When this problem again occurs, i will come back with the code snippet.<br />
Thanks.<br />
Dhanya
mwilliams
Sounds good. Let us know whenever you have BIRT related questions and we'll try to answer them!
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72735" data-time="1296258581" data-date="28 January 2011 - 04:49 PM"><p>
Sounds good. Let us know whenever you have BIRT related questions and we'll try to answer them!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
I got the required results after few testing.<br />
The error is due to the differences between the BIRT viewer and RTC report viewer.<br />
I had to put the filter conditions using the BIRT Str function match.<br />
<br />
Previously I had used 'Equal to' or Greater than.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Dhanya