Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
WCF Web Service as a Data Source in a BIRT Report
Athadu
Hi,
We just got started off with looking into BIRT as another reporting platform for one of our application.
Our application exposes it data using a Microsoft .NET WCF web service.
I tried out a sample Microsoft .NET ASMX web service connecting successfully in BIRT and getting to the data. But, I am failing to do the same with the WCF Web service. The SOAP Parameters, related to the WCF operation/method from our WCF Service, doesn't show up in the 'New Web Services Data Set' wizard. For some reason, the wizard is not able to identify the parameters from the WSDL, i guess.
We are using basicHttpBinding that is supposed to be SOAP1.1 compliant.
I was wondering if any you had any experiences with connecting to WCF or if you could point me to resources that talk about connecting to WCF service from BIRT.
I greatly appreciate any pointers.
Regars
Srini
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Srini,
What version of BIRT are you working with? I am moving this post to BIRT forum to solicit more responses.
Ashwini
Athadu
Hi Ashwini,
Here is the info from Eclipse/About...
Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools SDK
Version: 2.6.1.v20100709-7m9f7NFT0z0-Im5IWab4F6
Build id: v20100915-1750
Thank you
Regards
Athadu
actuser9
Hi Srini,
I have the same issue, the BIRT is not generating the parameters from the wsdl. Can you please let me know if you have any success with this and have any details to share further.
Thanks
Actuser9