Can we detect the end of report generation ?
Hi everyone,<br />
<br />
My client ask me a very specific behaviour to our reporting tool. They wants to call 2 report simultaneously in 1 click.<br />
<br />
My problem is that when I'm calling the report server too soon, I'm losing of of the two reports. As a temporary solution, I delayed the second call 1 second and half later. I'n my development environment it works perfectly. But in production, it seems the delay must vary a lot. 1 second and half do not always work.<br />
<br />
A better solution would be to detect when the first report has been completed, then to call the second report. Is there a way to do something like that with BIRT 2.2.1 ?<br />
<br />
Right now I'm calling the BIRT server in the new Window in JavaScript. Can we do that or call the second report automatically from the report, without clicking something ?<br />
<br />
Can we do something about that ?<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
function printRepport(p_type_reppo, p_name_rappo,height, width){
var startYear = document.getElementById('sDate');
var endYear = document.getElementById('eDate');
var objDate = getParam();
var BIRT_URL = '"BIRT_URL"';
var url = BIRT_URL + '/run?__report=report/cse/' + p_name_reppo + '.rptdesign&__format=' + p_type_reppo +
'&sd=' + startYear.value.substr(0,9) +
'&ed=' + endYear.value.substr(0,9) +
'&usr=' + '"USER"'+
'&inst=' + objDate;
// Centre le popup ? l'?cran
var topPos = (screen.availHeight - height) / 2;
var leftPos = (screen.availWidth - width) / 2;
var options = 'status=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=yes,' +
'scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,width=' + width + ',' +
'height=' + height + ',top=' + topPos + ',left=' + leftPos;
// popup
var w = window.open(url, p_name_reppo , options);
if (w.opener == null){
w.opener = self;
}
w.focus();
return w;
}
</pre>
<br />
<br />
Thank you !<br />
<br />
Leinad