Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Automatic page breaks based on dynamic text problem
pawasarmol
Hi,
I had a question regarding Page Break Interval while performing Export Report.
I have created a report (HTML output) which has table with Page Break Interval set to 20 and hence 20 rows get displayed at a time on one page, with Page number (Page n of m) count as the footer of the report.
Now , I want to Export the Report to PDF, but the problem is, as its a dynamic text, when I Export Report, the 20 rows sometimes spans to 2 pages(as the data is dynamic) and hence Page number are repeated on those page (which we don't want as we want to also print the report).
Is there a way so that when we Export Report, BIRT does not take into consideration Page Break Interval, and just fits what ever fits in one page and also does the page number accordingly.
P.S. I have tried Export report's Auto, Actual Size, Fit to whole page, but the problem with that is , when I print the report, the text gets displayed smaller font in some pages(where it cannot print everything in one page with normal font) and in normal font on others.
I am using BIRT version 2.6.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Use Fixed Layout with Table page break Interval set to 0.
The Fixed Layout should make your web pages the same as your masterpage, and the Interval 0 will cause the Table to never break by row count.
pawasarmol
Thanks a lot for the answer. Its working fine ,but there is a problem with page numbering , but seems like there is already a bug opened about this. (<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=326513'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=326513</a>)<br
/>
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="72588" data-time="1295970565" data-date="25 January 2011 - 08:49 AM"><p>
Use Fixed Layout with Table page break Interval set to 0.<br />
The Fixed Layout should make your web pages the same as your masterpage, and the Interval 0 will cause the Table to never break by row count.<br /></p></blockquote>