Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
print link problem
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I have 2 questions:
First:
We build the birt report viewer in our application. And nearly everything works perfect. But If run the report with "frameset" and then I go to the "print" button, I ve got an error: "the viewing session ..."
You could see the problem on the attached file. The called link is wrong. After the ip adress it loss "/birt/frameset" How could I change this? I use Birt 2.5.2.
If I export the report with "Export Report" Button everything works good.
Second:
Is it possible to hide the "print" button? I know I could set the toolbar true or false, but could I set several buttons like the "print" or "print to server" to false?
best regards
rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Rafael,
I believe you can go into the JSP pages for the viewer and remove or comment out the display of the buttons.
For the error, it seems like it might be a bug. You might check the bug list and see if something has been filed for this. If not, you could do so. You could also try installing the newest version of BIRT to see if the problem still exists.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
Can you click on the + and expand the error out and post the entire stack in here? Thanks.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
this is the entire stack of the error:
- The viewing session is not available or has expired.
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: The viewing session is not available or has expired.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doPost(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:224)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
mwilliams
And this error pops up AFTER you hit the print button?
mwilliams
Also, what browser are you using? Does this change if you're use a different browser?
birtprofi
Hi,
I use Firefox 3.6.13 and/or IE 8
Error pop up:
I could hit the print button. Then it opens the print box where I can choos between "html" or "pdf" print. And AFTER then I got the error.
The problem is that the automatic consisting of the "link" is wrong. If I run the report in a web browser and go to print, then the "print" link (after print request) look like this:
http://IPAdress:Port/birt/frameset_
.....
If I run the integrated report in our application, then the "print" link (after print request) look like this:
http://IPAdress:Port/?report....
.
The first part of the link, and the last part of the link a correct, but the middle part "/birt/frameset" are lost.
best regards
rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
Can you try downloading BIRT 2.6.1 and see if this is an issue in there too?