Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting report parts as images
kosta
Hello BIRT Community,
I 'll explain my problem.
I have my own RCP preview module and want to combine it with BIRT.
What I need is actually to get one specific table and some graphs (part of the report) as images from the rendered rpt-file
(pdf emitter is used for the rendering) so I can use those images into my viewer.
Does someone has any experience with this?
Any better suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Kosta,
Are you using a run task and then a render task to produce the pdfs?
If you are you can re-render any bookmarked section like:
task.setReportlet("chart3");
task.render();
In this case the chart3 is the bookmark assigned to a chart in the report design.
You will have to decide how you want it rendered as HTML (Using swt Browser widget), pdf etc. If you want the images in a directory set the image directory in the render options and then read the images in. Bear in mind that tables will not produce images.
Jason
kosta
Hi Jason, thank you for the fast answer.
I am using the IRundAndRenderTask method. I hope I can change that easily.
From your explanation I can see that this method can write charts as images.
What I want to export is table with images in it (custom items) :unsure: .
Creating the custom items with the custom plugins I can print them on the file system.
But I need the whole table as if it was printed as PDF.
Any workaround for this one?
Thanks in advance.
JasonW
You could look at displaying the report in pdf in an swt browser widget - case1 or
convert the pdf to an image uisng using something like the PDF Renderer project
case 1
Here is a thread about displaying pdf in an swt browser widget:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=tree&th=118971&#page_top
case 2
You might want to try to just convert the pdf to an image using
https://pdf-renderer.dev.java.net/
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=165993&start=0&
;
Jason
kosta
Thank you Jason,
I have tried the second case.
It was a little bit tricky to patch the jar, but now I can convert PDF pages into buffered images.
http://markmail.org/message/wivcrt4wdtkka5us
JasonW
Kosta,
Very cool. I am glad you got it working.
Jason