Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Retrieving Data Source in Java Scripting
davidsills
I'm a relative newbie at BIRT. I have a report (worked really quite well, thanks!) but after processing the report I need to update the table with a flag so that I don't reprocess the same records again. This seems like such a common use case I'm surprised there's not a standard way to do it. I have identified a spot or two to run a Java class as a script, but for efficiency's sake would obviously like to reuse the Data Source I've already defined in the report. I have read and read and have not seen an example that would show me how to do this. Is it possible? How may I do it? What did I miss in the documentation? Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Reports don't usually modify databases.
Easiest solution I can think of is to have the report get its data from a Stored Procedure.
The DataBase SP can flag all the entries it will return in its resultset.