Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Is the Jetty instance that BIRT starts up for a report preview secure?
Edd
Hi,
Quick question - my understanding is that to preview a report in the preview tab BIRT/Eclipse starts up Jetty and with that the default report viewer. I notice that if I right click on the preview (which seems to be an Internet Explorer frame) I can find the URL that I am viewing from the properties option.
I have pasted this into my browser and it works, where the host is 'localhost'. If I replace localhost with my IP address nothing is found which suggests Jetty is only ever available to me. Is there any realistic risk that other users on my network (or indeed online) could access the previewed reports?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet