Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Add column binding dynamically
cassy
Hi,
I'm currently working on adding column binding in my report using java.
For example, i created a table inside another table. I'm able to extract the result set column and value expression for data which is binded to the inner table. However, for the rest of the data, the value expression cannot be display as they're not binded to the outer table.
So, my problem is how to bind the data dynamically to the outer table using java.
I really appreciate if someone would kindly help me... Thanks!
Cassy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Cassy,
What data are you trying to bind to the outer table? Are you trying to link the outer and inner tables or something else?
cassy
Hi Mwilliams,
Lets say i have a few data in the inner table but only a few data are binded to the inner table, the rest will be binded to outer table (because the outer table is binded to a particular dataset). So, I'm trying to link those 'unbinded' data in the inner table to the outer table, in order to display the value expression.
Kiranmca
Hi
I am new to BIRT.I have created a table which gives dynamic columns based on Search Criteria "Duration" (Daily, Weekly and Monthly). i.e. If i Select the value as Daily with FromDate (Jan 01,2011) and ToDate(Jan 10,2011), the table will be displayed with columns Day1,Day2..Day10 where fromDate and toDate are report parameters. Now I am facing an issue on how to get the result from the query for a Search Criteria and bind the data for a particular column. Eg: I have a value in database for Jan 03 as "13" and now I have to dynamically bind the value of 13 to Day3 (as Jan03 =Day3 in this example)
mwilliams
Kiranmca,
So, you have a table that created with columns for day 1 through day 10 and need to put the data in the correct column based on their order?
If this is the case, you should be able to use a crosstab and it will order the dates and measure values in the correct order automatically. If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, let me know.
ravips4u
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am using version 2.4,<br />
Could you please give an example on this of how to achieve it, i.e. if I have a search criteria from 'Jan' to 'May', then I should get 5 columns, i.e. from jan to may.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72985" data-time="1296856566" data-date="04 February 2011 - 02:56 PM"><p>
Kiranmca,<br />
<br />
So, you have a table that created with columns for day 1 through day 10 and need to put the data in the correct column based on their order?<br />
<br />
If this is the case, you should be able to use a crosstab and it will order the dates and measure values in the correct order automatically. If I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
If you have your parameters set up to search already, you'll just need to build a dataCube and then put a crosstab in your report with the date field as your column dimension. The cube and crosstab should do the rest on their own. Let me know if you need an example.
Ronak
yes, I need an example
mwilliams
Ronak,
What is your BIRT version? I'll make a simple crosstab example with a date dimension.