Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting the value for Project area in TYPE table
Dhanya
Hi,
Is there any way to select the rows that belongs to the '{Current Project Area}' from the TYPE table. There is no Project Area Item Id field in this table. The fields of this table are TYPE_ID and WI_TYPE. I know that TYPE_ID = project area item id+"t"+type id, where project are item id and type id are from the Live_workitem_cnt table.
Here the intention of selecting these values are to use it in a cascading parameter.
Also on another query- When I test my report in BIRT the results are fine. But when I upload into server and run the results are empty. Could help me with the reason? I am using some report parameters. Source code attached.
Thanks
Dhanya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Dhanya,
What do you mean by the first question about selecting the project area? Can you explain this a little more?
What type of dataSource are you using? If scripted, where are you placing the jar files? If JDBC, where are you placing the driver file? If flat or XML, where are you placing the source? Are you getting any sort of error? Or is there just no data?
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72727" data-time="1296246065" data-date="28 January 2011 - 01:21 PM"><p>
Hi Dhanya,<br />
<br />
What do you mean by the first question about selecting the project area? Can you explain this a little more?<br />
<br />
What type of dataSource are you using? If scripted, where are you placing the jar files? If JDBC, where are you placing the driver file? If flat or XML, where are you placing the source? Are you getting any sort of error? Or is there just no data?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
This query is pertaining to the RTC tables. The design of the tables is in such a way that in most of the tables, Project Area is part of the key. Eg: Key to the TYPE table is 'Project Area' + "t" + type ID. If the Project Area value is obtained when I connect to a Project area then I can get all the types from the TYPE table with this value. If it is not available then I might have to hard code the Project area using a filter or so. and then get all the values of the types. Disadvantage is that the code has to be changed for each of the projects it is getting used.<br />
The intention of my report is to provide the user to select the required type, required status (open, closed etc), date range as the parameters. <br />
<br />
<br />
The data source being used is the JAZZ data source. I am not getting any errors. Only that the results are empty.<br />
<br />
I am not very familiar with scripting. <br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Dhanya
mwilliams
So, you want to be able to grab the "project area" portion of the typeID?
Dhanya
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72785" data-time="1296506502" data-date="31 January 2011 - 01:41 PM"><p>
So, you want to be able to grab the "project area" portion of the typeID?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes that is right.I wish to create a filter of the below sort<br />
BirtStr.indexOf("'{Current Project Area}'",row["TYPE_ID"])> -1<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Dhanya
mwilliams
Dhanya,
If filtering the Type_ID field with the script above doesn't work, you could try creating a computed field that pulls the part you want out of the Type_ID field and then add a filter to your table on this new field.
Let me know if you have any questions.