Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Binding data for dynamic columns
Kiranmca
Hi
I am newbie to BIRT.I have created a table which gives dynamic columns based on Search Criteria "Duration" (Daily, Weekly and Monthly). i.e. If i Select the value as Daily with FromDate (Jan 01,2011) and ToDate(Jan 10,2011), the table will be displayed with columns Day1,Day2..Day10 where fromDate and toDate are report parameters. Now I am facing an issue on how to get the result from the query for a Search Criteria and bind the data for a particular column. Eg: I have a value in database for Jan 03 as "13" and now I have to dynamically bind the value of 13 to Day3 (as Jan03 =Day3 in this example)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi Kiranmca,
I'm not fully understanding what exactly is your question. But if you are looking for a dynamic query which will fetch data as per the search criteria(Daily/Monthly), then you could try it out with case statements (in SQL, or equivalent in others). Also if you want Day1, Day2 also to be displayed, even if there's data only for Day3, then I suggest you to fetch some default value using the query for these days.
And later on you can use cross tabs to display these results as there can be varying number of columns depending on the search parameters.
regards
Arpan