Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Progress bar before viewer is loaded + report in between DIV tag using BIRT viewer
pawasarmol
Hello Experts,
I had a question about birt viewer.
I have an existing jsp file , in which I have my pre-existing elements (some text fileds, drop down etc), along with a button call Show Reports, on click of which , I want to show a Pie chart and a table with the appropriate data.
I have integrated BIRT viewer in to my application and I am using birt.tld.
Now , what I want is
a) when I click on Show Reports button, till the time the Birt Viewer is loading , show a custom loading image.
b ) Have this report as part of <DIV> of my existing jsp, so that when I click on Show Reports, I don't have to show a new jsp page which is occupying the whole screen. (So that my pre-existing element on that page , are shown when the report is visible to the user)
I have tried having an AJAX call , with my <DIV> having <birt:viewer> tag , but it does not work. It gives runtime javascript exception when my ajax call tries to assign result from birt viewer to innerHTML of <DIV>.(I think the reason being result from BIRT viewer is not ready , by the time my AJAX call is complete, not exactly sure though)
Its a really important feature for our application and would greatly appreciate any help in that regard. Thanks
Note: I am able to successfully display the report on a new JSP page , when I click on the Show Reports page. Just for additional information I am using Struts2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pawasarmol
I was just wondering if my question is to trivial ,easy or have I not phrased/explained the question correctly.
Can somebody please help. Thanks