Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stacked bar chart inside group list
Jevo
Hello all. <br />
<br />
I have this dataset with three columns: date, zone and count, that is the number of cards per zone in each date. This is a excerpt of my data:<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p><span style='font-family: Courier New'>Date Zone Count<br />
<br />
2007-09-06 Acabador 205<br />
2007-09-06 Bobinadoras 86<br />
2007-09-06 Hornos 132<br />
2007-09-06 Reversible 73<br />
2007-09-06 Servicios comunes 1<br />
2007-09-11 Bobinadoras 26<br />
2007-09-11 Reversible 36<br />
2007-09-17 Acabador 162<br />
2007-09-17 Bobinadoras 68<br />
2007-09-17 Hornos 65<br />
....<br />
....</span><br />
<br />
And so on...</p></blockquote>
<br />
I want to display a stacked bar chart group by date where each column has stacked the number of cards per zone. What I have done in the chart editor is:<br />
<br />
* Category (X) series --> Date<br />
* Value (Y) Series 1 --> Count<br />
* Optional Y Series grouping --> Zone
<br />
and the result is the attached image. All right but the problem is that there are many data missed, so birt just displays a set of dates.<br />
<br />
My question is, how can I split the chart so that all data be displayed?<br />
<br />
I tried to drop a group list and grouping on row.__rownum with a fixed interval of 20. Then I drop my chart in the group header, but if I do that then I cannot use Zone as an optional Y series grouping.<br />
<br />
Any idea?<br />
<br />
I am using Birt 2.6.1<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Set the XAxis to be a Category Axis (on the Format tab).
How detailed does your data need to be?
You could group the dates (on the Select Data tab) by year, or quarter, or month
Jevo
Hi! Thank you for the reply.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Set the XAxis to be a Category Axis (on the Format tab).</p></blockquote>
The X-Axis is already set as a Category Axis, besides it is checked and I cannot unchecked it.<br />
<br />
An important thing I didn't mention was that select data inherits data from container (in the Select Data tab), that is the list group.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>How detailed does your data need to be?</p></blockquote>
I need to show all my data, that is, the graph should display each date in X-axis. For that reason I need something like the chartSplit.png attached file. The attached file display just the count for each date, since I cannot set Zone as "optional y series grouping" if the chart select data inherits data from the list group.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>You could group the dates (on the Select Data tab) by year, or quarter, or month</p></blockquote>
How could I do that? This would show all data? I guess it wouldnt.
thuston
If you need to see each date and you can't make the Chart wider, the only option left is multiple charts in your output.
I would create a Table with some logical grouping that works for you (year? quarter? Zone?).
Then put your Chart in the Group's Header row.
That way you get one output chart for each group.
Jevo
Thanks for you help, Thuston
This is what I am going to try. Now I have to think of the way of grouping. Maybe per year as you suggested. If I success I will let you know.