We store pictures in the Firebird database in BLOB fields.<br />
I am 100% sure that the JDBC driver we are using supports BLOB fields.<br />
<br />
I've checked all supplied <strong class='bbc'>mappings.xml</strong> files, but NONE of them have a BLOB word in it!!!???<br />
In the IO Designer the field Data Type is "unknown" and the Native Data Type is "BLOB SUB_TYPE 0"<br />
<br />
Could you please help me in mapping BLOB field for Actuate?<br />
<br />
Here <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/birt-image-report-item.html'>Image in BIRT</a><br />
they state that the sample database, which is delivered as part of BIRT, contains a Blob type column in the PRODUCTLINES table. But there is no BLOB field in my copy of the database? <br />
I have Actuate v11. Do I miss something?<br />
<br />
In this example the VarChar type is mapped for MySQL, how do you map BLOB type?<br />
<DataSourceMappings><br />
<DataSourceMapper Name="BaseMySQLMapper"><br />
<DataTypeMapper><br />
<ASQLVarcharType Name="VARCHAR"/><br />
<DataTypes><br />
<DataType Name="VARCHAR" GenericSQLType="VARCHAR" MaxSize="65535"><br />
<Aliases><br />
<Alias>CHARACTER VARYING</Alias><br />
<Alias>CHAR VARYING</Alias><br />
</Aliases>