Hi,
I am creating a BIRT report which will contain chart which has been bound to a Scripted Data Source. I need to add series to this Bar chart on user request and hence I started following the below example.
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamically-adding-series-to-birt-chart.html
First I tried to run the exact same report(in the above page) in my deployment environment and it ran perfectly. Then I kept the main logic intact and replaced the Sample database with a custom Data Source. When I try to run this report in the same way, all I end up having is a blank page with no chart rendered.
I tried to put in logs at the appropriate places and found out that my datasource has been called and the collection has been initialized and is being returned to the BIRT report. But the part where the chart should have (in my opinion) filled the DataSet (which is connected to the chart) was not called.
Can anybody please point out as to where am I going wrong.
Attachements and explanation