Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Left Nav Bar
System
Hi,
Is it possible to hide left nav bar in DCR.
I mean on DCR left side we will get by default tags to DCR fields.
Thanx in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ela
Hi, I know it will be optional in TeamSite 6, but don't know if it's possible in earlier versions. I would be happy to know, too.
Migrateduser
Where there's a will there's a way. I suggest hiding it on load (generally init()), showing it onSave (since I don't think there's an onSaveInvalid), and hiding it again onSaveValid. Looks a little funny when it hides and shows but wasting some 20% of the screen seems like a sin. There's probably a better way to address the frame. Not sure what versions of what browsers or TeamSite this works in, whether it will break with upgrades, etc. Also for very long templates the nav bar can actually be useful.
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
// Increase the usable space of the templating window by reducing the
// navigation frame to the smallest size possible. Navigation can be
// shown using showNavigation() (such as on a validation error).
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
function hideNavigation()
{
window.parent.document.getElementsByTagName("frameset")[1].cols="0%,*";
return( true );
}
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
// Reset the navigation frame to the default size, such as after data
// validation failure. Navigation can be hidden again using
// hideNavigation() (such as after successful validation).
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
function showNavigation()
{
window.parent.document.getElementsByTagName("frameset")[1].cols="25%,*";
return( true );
}
Migrateduser
Here is some additional code/comments that may be helpful. Again, not sure what versions/browsers (we require everyone use IE6 when accessing TeamSite to reduce support costs).
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
// "Maximize" the templating window by expanding the browser to take
// up as much screen as possible, and hide the navigation frame. The
// navigation frame can be unhidden using showNavigation(), such as
// in the case of a validation error. Reference formAPIFunctions.js
// as described above and add this to the DCT afterwards:
//
// <script>
//
// maxWindow();
//
// </script>
//
// Additional logic is requierd to show/hide the navigation on
// validation:
//
// IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler( "onSave", showNavigation );
// IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler( "onSaveValid", hideNavigation );
//-------------------------------------------------------------------
function maxWindow()
{
hideNavigation();
top.window.moveTo( 0, 0 );
if ( top.window.document.all )
{
top.window.resizeTo( screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight );
}
else if ( top.document.layers || top.document.getElementById )
{
if ( top.window.outerHeight < screen.availHeight
|| top.window.outerWidth < screen.availWidth )
{
top.window.outerHeight = screen.availHeight;
top.window.outerWidth = screen.availWidth;
}
}
return( true );
}
ela
Hi, this is great!! I mean, I haven't tried it out yet, but will definitely do so. Thanks a lot!
eldbjoerg
Migrateduser
Thanx for all your replies on leftnav bar.
streamstudio.zip
Gregg Faus
This worked out great John. Thanks. It was nice to get rid of this waste of space.
seeDerekNow
Which file did you edit to implement this?
ela
Hi, I was searching for something and found your question. In case you haven't implemented it yet I just wanted to let you know I used some of John's code and got it working:
I created a file called formAPIfunctions.jsp, which contains:
function hideNavigation()
{
window.parent.document.getElementsByTagName("frameset")[1].cols="0%,*";
return( true );
}
In the datacapture/form template I added this:
<script language="javascript" location="webserver" src="/iw/formAPIfunctions.js"/>
<script><![CDATA[
hideNavigation();
]]></script>
Regards,
Ela
SandeepMadan
Hi,
I want to change the content of left nav bar. I need to have the content from the DCR feilds to be displayed, for easy navigation for user of the DCR form. For 1st instance it may remain blank.
I am trying to implement this on teamsite 5.5. Can anyone help on this
Sandeep
Adam Stoller
It sounds like you're asking for someone else to do your work for you, and you're not supplying sufficient information for them to do so. So I'm not sure what you're hoping to get from this post.
If you already know how to do most of what you need and just need help with a specific portion of it - please provide more details about the area you are having problems with - otherwise either hire a consultant or go through courses and RTFM to learn how to do it yourself.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com