Problem: I am a newbie to BIRT and am doing some analysis comparing BIRT with another reporting engine to see which is the best for our use.
I am leaning more toward BIRT but I am having a tough time getting a BIRT report to run in our Open Reports environment.
I can not make any sense of these versions. Can you help me figure out how to get an All In One package with Ecllipse and the BIRT Designer 1.0.1 so I can do some analysis.
Or can you help me install a plug-in to Eclipse that will work with Open Reports?
We are using the Open Reports report server wich will take BIRT reports among others. I am not successfull at creating a report with a BIRT designer and then run that report in the Open Reports environment.
Below are two lines of a *.rptdesign file from the BIRT Designer (different versions)
PREFERENCE: MyEclipse version
Using MyEclipse 8.6.1 With MyEclipse Report Designer 8.0.0 (I believe this is BIRT)
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.21" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">MyEclipse Report Designer Version 8.0.0</property>
Using Eclipse 3.3.2 with BIRT Plug In Designer 2.2.2
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.15" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.2.2.r222_v20071226 Build <2.2.2.v20080227-1131></property>
Example from a BIRT report that came with the Open Reports install:
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.6" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 1.0.1 Build <20051130-1157></property>
As you can see the "version" from the first line states 3.2.6 and the BIRT Designer Versiuon is 1.0.1.
I have tried to find a "All In One" setup with a BIRT Desinger Version that will generate a report that I can plug into our Open Reports tool and simply run.
Thank you in advance for your help.