Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt mobile viewer 2.0 crash on IOS 4.1
Kerry
It works fine when I use 1.2 before. After I have updated to version 2.0 on my iphone 4, it crashes when I start it and I can only see the splash of the viewer, then jump to home again. My IOS version is IOS 4.1, please help. Or how can I downgrade to 1.2? thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
There may be a certain set of circumstances that cause the viewer to experience an issue after the upgrade, this is related to a change on the server-side of the infrastructure. The resolution should be quite easy:
1) Load the main iPhone settings app
2) Locate the "BIRT Mobile" settings group
3) Toggle the "Reset on next start" option
4) Launch the BIRT Mobile Viewer (the demo user's data will be displayed)
5) Enter your BIRT onDemand or iServer settings on the applications settings screen
This should straighten things out. Please update the thread with your results.
Thanks!
Kerry
After I have switched on "Reset on...", it still can't start correctly.
I have captured the screen of the "BIRT Mobile" setting page also.
Kerry
Here is the screen shot.
bhanley
Thanks for capturing the settings screen, that is very helpful. I see there is no e-mail address or password listed. Can you please enter an e-mail address and password for the application to use? You can do that right there in the external settings. <br />
<br />
Another thing to check is to make sure the application is not running when you make these changes. Double-tap the iPhone Home button to reveal the running tasks and if BIRT Mobile is in th list, you need to quit it.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Kerry'" data-cid="73000" data-time="1297040669" data-date="06 February 2011 - 06:04 PM"><p>
Here is the screen shot.<br /></p></blockquote>
Kerry
Also I have installed birt mobile viewer v2 on my friend's iphone 4 (IOS 4.1 also, newly installed not upgrade from 1.2), it doesn't work and acts like mine.
bhanley
Thanks for your patience. I have identified a linker error in the code that compromised backward compatibility to OS 4.1. I have fixed this and submitted the update to Apple. When the update posts, you will be automatically notified. <br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>This issue only affects mobile clients running v4.1 and earlier of the iOS, v4.2 clients are fine</strong></span>.<br />
<br />
Sorry for the inconvenience, this should be deployed fairly quickly via the App Store.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Kerry'" data-cid="73007" data-time="1297088597" data-date="07 February 2011 - 07:23 AM"><p>
Also I have installed birt mobile viewer v2 on my friend's iphone 4 (IOS 4.1 also, newly installed not upgrade from 1.2), it doesn't work and acts like mine.<br /></p></blockquote>
bhanley
UPDATE:
The new build of the BIRT Mobile Viewer for iPhone and iPad (v2.0.1) has been released to the Apple App Store. You should be able to update to the version immediately. This build resolves the iOS4.1 incompatibility reported through this thread.
Thanks for using BIRT Mobile!
Kerry
Yes, it works now. Thanks.