Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table Recognition
delee88
I have a Dataset that is bound to multiple HTML tables. Each execution of the SQL uses different parameters determined by the Dataset Parameter Binding dialog. Is it posible for the beforeOpen method of the dataset to know which table it is currently bound to?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'delee88'" data-cid="72991" data-time="1296953385" data-date="05 February 2011 - 05:49 PM"><p>
I have a Dataset that is bound to multiple HTML tables. Each execution of the SQL uses different parameters determined by the Dataset Parameter Binding dialog. Is it posible for the beforeOpen method of the dataset to know which table it is currently bound to?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The only way I can think of off the top of my head is to add in a parameter to the dataset in the dataset editor/parameters tab, and for each table in your report, pass in the table name using the Property Editor/Bindings tab. You can access it in the beforeOpen method using this.getInputParameter("parameter_name"). Its not dynamic, but it will work.
delee88
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="72995" data-time="1297027575" data-date="06 February 2011 - 02:26 PM"><p>
The only way I can think of off the top of my head is to add in a parameter to the dataset in the dataset editor/parameters tab, and for each table in your report, pass in the table name using the Property Editor/Bindings tab. You can access it in the beforeOpen method using this.getInputParameter("parameter_name"). Its not dynamic, but it will work.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks. I will give this a try