Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Not able to modify legend entry for a chart before Rendering
pratim
Hi,
I want to change the legend entry for a line chart dynamically.
To start with, i tried whether i can change the legend item at all or not !!, as shown below,
function beforeDrawLegendItem( lerh, bounds, icsc )
{
lerh.getLabel().getCaption().setValue("test");
}
But, the above code does not change my line chart legend into "test".
Legend entries are still displaying the values as per "optional y-axis grouping".
I am using BIRT 2.3.2.
Can anyone help me out?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi pratim,
I know things don't work correctly with labels when y-series grouping is enabled. I can't rememeber if there is a way around this. I'll have to check it out in 2.3.2 and then in the latest version to see if anything has changed. If not, I'll have you log a bug for it.
pratim
Hi Michale,<br />
Thanks for the quick reply, it will be great help if you can confirm anything on this issue.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="73044" data-time="1297173656" data-date="08 February 2011 - 07:00 AM"><p>
Hi pratim,<br />
<br />
I know things don't work correctly with labels when y-series grouping is enabled. I can't rememeber if there is a way around this. I'll have to check it out in 2.3.2 and then in the latest version to see if anything has changed. If not, I'll have you log a bug for it.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Can you reproduce the issue with the sample database and post it in here? I used y-series grouping and was able to change all of the legend label values to "blah".
mwilliams
That was in 2.3.2 as well, btw.