Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Show Image from ByteInputStream
sarika.np
Hi,
In my report I need to show a dynamic image which is being binded with a Blob object in db. In the db, it is stored as byte array. I have created a dataset to get this column data. The row name is row[LOGO_IMAGE]. Now, how can I show this byte array as image when the report is generated. Is there any script available?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi sarika.np,
If it's a BLOB in your DB, you should be able to use the BLOB data type and bring it in that way.
sarika.np
Hi,
I know that if I store the data directly using SQL Developer by browsing the image and load, it is saving as BLOB and the image is showing properly when the report is generated.
But my requirement is different. From my application I am storing the image as ByteArrayInputStream using Java and I need to show this inputstream as image in BIRT report. Now, in pdf output a message is coming as "Current report item is not supported in this report format". I changed the datatype as "Java Object" in the data binding area of the image and tried to write a script in onCreate method of the image. But, not working. What is the correct way to get this?
mwilliams
Check out this blog post, particularly the last part of it:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/birt-image-report-item.html
Hope this helps.