Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Serial Number in a crosstab report
A@vi
Hi,
I am using Birt 1.0 version .
In a crosstab report , i need serial number which will increase automatically with other columns.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks,
Avinash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Avinash,
If I'm understanding correctly, one way could be to put a grid in the most outer dimension with 2 cells. You'd put the dimension element in one cell and a dynamic textbox in another cell in which you recall a variable that you increment each time a new textbox is created.
You could also create a computed column in your dataSet that numbers your groups and just use this as a dimension for your crosstab.
Hope this helps.
A@vi
HI,
I tried with that. It is incrementing, but with the increase of columns.. numbers are also increasing.
so if there is 2 rows & 4 columns... the serial number is going upto 4.
Any other alternative ? please let me know.
Thanks,
Avinash.
mwilliams
Are you trying to get a serial number on your rows or your columns or both? Let me know. I'll work on a quick example. You say you're using BIRT 1.0? I didn't think crosstabs were around in that version.