Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Toggle grid row visibility
wrobin1
Hello...
I have inherited several reports that I need to revise, and I'm having an issue I hope someone here can help with. I have a main layout grid in which there are several rows. Each row contains one cell which contains one chart. In cases where the dataset associated with the chart returns no data, I toggle the visibility of the chart, but the problem is that the row remains the size of the chart regardless.
So, my question is... what's the simplest way to solve this problem? The previous designer solved the problem by always making the charts visible with "Chart contains no data", but I've been asked to remedy that.
Thanks,
Robin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Robin,
What is your BIRT version? Are there heights set for the grid rows? Or is it definitely saving the space for the chart. Let me know.
wrobin1
Hi again
I'm using version 2.6.1. There does seem to be a height set on the row (3.656 inches), and the vertical alignment is set to auto. I just unset the height, though, and I still get the same problem: a chart-sized blank spot.
wrobin1
Let's see if I can get a screen shot up here... it's definitely a chart-sized hole, which makes it hard to tell what it's doing (for me, anyway)
mwilliams
If I put a 3 row grid and a chart in each one and set the visibility of the middle chart to hide, it goes away just as you'd expect. Can you possibly reproduce the issue?