Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Fluid layout on HTML render
spulci
Hi,
I'm looking at how birt engine renders report in the HTML output. I've noticed that each report as a global containe that is an HTML TABLE element. I can attach a css class to it specifying a 100% width. All other report elements are DIV element with their own styles with the exception of tables and grids (translated as TABLE elements).
I will not use grids but i'd like to have the main container of my html page to be rendered as a div instead of a table. Is it possible? I was looking at the solution in the master page of a report but I was not able to find it.
Next question: if I need a BIRT table on a report to be rendered inside a div with a css class, how can I obtain this result?
Thanks
Simone
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Modify the HTML emitter. The section your looking for is in the startPage method, line 1434 (in the BIRT 2.6.1 source code). You would change the openTag call to use HTMLTags.DIV instead of Table.