Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Interested in BIRT, but using ASP.NET
mysterd429
Hi, all. I was looking at BIRT today, and I'd like to use it, but the applications I write as ASP.NET. I know that there's an option for JSAPI, but I'm not sure how that would work with authentication, since our applications require the user to authenticate, and I don't want to expose the data in the reports to users who aren't logged in.
Has anyone else solved this problem who would be willing to share the solution? If so, how did you solve it?
If not, could I create a tomcat instance that would only accept connections from our application server machine, then create as part of the ASP.NET system a mechanism for sending an HTTP request to the tomcat server and repeating the response back to the request from ASP.NET, then point the JSAPI in JavaScript to the "redirect" URL on the ASP.NET application?
This looks like a great tool. Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi mysterd429,
JSAPI supports single-sign on, here is a link to a wiki page and product documentation that gives more information:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=Managing_Security_with_the_JSAPI
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/using-jsapi.pdf
Ashwini
mysterd429
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="73160" data-time="1297291916" data-date="09 February 2011 - 03:51 PM"><p>
Hi mysterd429,<br />
JSAPI supports single-sign on, here is a link to a wiki page and product documentation that gives more information:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=Managing_Security_with_the_JSAPI'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=Managing_Security_with_the_JSAPI</a><br
/>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/using-jsapi.pdf'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/using-jsapi.pdf</a><br
/>
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for the reply, Ashwini. We're not using SSO, so I may pass in the the related authentication cookies to the authenticate function, then write a custom security adapter (I read about them in the PDF) that makes an HTTP request to the application server with the cookies to check if they're valid.<br />
<br />
Don