Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic columns againts the group in BIRT 2.2.1
NirajN
Hello Gurus,
I am very new to BIRT, I am on BIRT 2.2.1 using Infor plugins
We have a requirement as follows
My current Report is a simple report as below
Current Report
Ledger Debit Credit Project Balance
1000 0 122562.416 FP11071 -15561505.33
1000 0 122562.416 FP12071 -15561505.33
2000 0 52392.185 FP11202B -6032491.08
2000 0 52392.185 FP12202B -6032491.08
2000 0 52392.185 FP11202C -6032491.08
I have requirement to change the report to as shown below
Requirement
Ledger FP11071 FP12071
1000 Dr 0 0
Cr 122562.416 122562.416
Ledger FP11202B FP12202B FP11202C
2000 Dr 0 0 0
Cr 52392.185 52392.185 52392.185
Hope I am clear in explaining my requirement, I tried using crosstab but then it was not really working.
Can you please help me out. I have also attached the report requirement attachment
Thanks in advance
Regards,
NK
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
NirajN
Hello Gurus,
I have requirement of Report as follows
Ledger BalanceAmount Project1 Project2 Project3 ...... Projectn Overhead
Here some ledger may have two projects some may have 3 projects, how can we handle this is BIRT report , I am using 2.2.1
Ledger-1000 |TotalAmount |PRJ1001 |PRJ2002 |PRJ3003 |Overhead
|1234 |900 |200 |34 |100
Ledger-2000 |TotalAmount |PRJ1001 |PRJ2002 |Overhead
|1200 |900 |200 |100
Thanks in advance waiting for expert opinions
mwilliams
Hi NirajN,
This looks like a great application for an embedded crosstab. You'd simply create a list or table bound to the ledger # and group it by the ledger #, then you'd create a dataCube with ledger# and project# as your dimensions and the value column as the measure, you'd then put a crosstab in the group header or footer and put the appropriate dataCube elements into the crosstab, and finally you'd filter the crosstab by the outer list/table value.
mwilliams
FYI, I merged these two after responding to the thread with your second post in here. I didn't know you had already tried the crosstab. What did you do to set up your crosstab?