Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Font changes to New Times Roman in AutoText when generating doc
adwehus
I want my report in font Arial. This works fine as long as I do not use auto generated text. When I use "Page" and "Total page Count" from AutoText the font in this cell always gets changed to Times New Roman when generating a DOC Report. <br />
<br />
When viewing the report as PDF it works like expected and all the text is in "Arial".<br />
<br />
Is there a solution to this?<br />
<br />
Extract from XML source:<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><cell id="246"><br />
<auto-text id="195"><br />
<property name="fontFamily">"Arial"</property><br />
<property name="textAlign">left</property><br />
<property name="type">total-page</property><br />
</auto-text><br />
</cell></span>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What version of BIRT are you using? So, the rest of your text is displayed correctly in Arial, just not the auto-text? If you put a static arial text box in the masterpage footer with the auto-text, does it work correctly? This sounds very buggy to me. Let me know.
adwehus
Thanks for your respond. Yes all other text is displayed in Arial. In the example below I used the autotext "Page n of m". The text "of" in the Text tag (<text id="433">) is displayed in Arial, both numbers (page-number and total-page) are display in Times New Roman when using the wird-emitter.<br />
<br />
I am using BIRT Designer Version 2.6.0<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
<page-footer><br />
<grid id="425"><br />
<property name="fontFamily">"Arial"</property><br />
<column id="426"/><br />
<column id="427"/><br />
<column id="428"/><br />
<row id="429"><br />
<cell id="430"><br />
<auto-text id="431"><br />
<property name="type">page-number</property><br />
</auto-text><br />
</cell><br />
<cell id="432"><br />
<text id="433"><br />
<property name="contentType">plain</property><br />
<text-property name="content"><![CDATA[of]]></text-property><br />
</text><br />
</cell><br />
<cell id="434"><br />
<auto-text id="435"><br />
<property name="type">total-page</property><br />
</auto-text><br />
</cell><br />
</row><br />
</grid><br />
</page-footer></span>
mwilliams
One more question. Does this happen from the designer, when deployed, or both? Once you let me know, I'll check it out in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 and see if I see the same and if I see any differences between the version you're on and the newest version.
adwehus
both, thanks for your help
mwilliams
I see the same thing in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1. Please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
. Thanks!
adwehus
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=337526'>Bugzilla
Id: 337526</a>
mwilliams
Thanks for posting the bug info. Let us know whenever you have questions!