Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Large XML Data source, Report Not generating
andrew.chu
Hi,
I'm using XML file as the data source of my report.
When I test with small size xml data file, report is created without problem.
However,after increase jvm memory and all, if I use larger data file (one I'm using is about 70MB), iServer creates report with only one page report or it will give out exception, Job Aborted or Job Excution Failed, etc.
I have created a report with this data file by just using report engine api. Strangely it took about 4 hours in Windows and 25 hours in UNIX. When I looked at the log file, when the engine is fetching data row there were stalled times (about 13 seconds in windows and about 2 minutes in UNIX) between some fetch in every few minutes.
Is there any way you can ask iServer to handle the large size xml data source? And any idea about that stalled time and possibility that it will happen in the iServer?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
In the BIRT Designer, you can get larger data sets by increasing the value of MaxPermSize in the Eclipse.ini... and in the iServer, that same configuration can be entered inside the Configuration Console. Have a look at the documentation page, under iServer Express, for a document called Managing and Configuring BIRT iServer Express.
Direct link is:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/managing-iserver-express.pdf
Then into
Chapter 10 - Performing Basic Configuration Tasks
Section: Using Configuration Console -> Configuring Settings for the Java Runtime Environment
Page 198 according to Adobe reader... but lists page 188 on the bottom of the printed page.
You might try increasing the max allocated memory and maxpermsize to see if that changes anything
example: -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
andrew.chu
Thanks.<br />
I have tried to increase heap size, Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=1G.<br />
But there is no change.<br />
It seems like the engine fetches 100rows and pause for sometime and fetch another 100 rows.<br />
I was wondering if there's way to eliminate that pause or increase the number of rows between the pause.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'vdodson'" data-cid="73321" data-time="1297721162" data-date="14 February 2011 - 03:06 PM"><p>
In the BIRT Designer, you can get larger data sets by increasing the value of MaxPermSize in the Eclipse.ini... and in the iServer, that same configuration can be entered inside the Configuration Console. Have a look at the documentation page, under iServer Express, for a document called Managing and Configuring BIRT iServer Express.<br />
<br />
Direct link is: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/managing-iserver-express.pdf'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/actuate11-pdfs/managing-iserver-express.pdf</a><br
/>
<br />
Then into <br />
Chapter 10 - Performing Basic Configuration Tasks<br />
Section: Using Configuration Console -> Configuring Settings for the Java Runtime Environment<br />
<br />
Page 198 according to Adobe reader... but lists page 188 on the bottom of the printed page.<br />
<br />
You might try increasing the max allocated memory and maxpermsize to see if that changes anything<br />
example: -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m<br /></p></blockquote>